- Freeport Historical Society is the steward of what makes Freeport special.
- We preserve nearly 300,000 artifacts as well as hundreds of years of written history.
- We work with students from Freeport's public and private schools to enhance student learning without cost to the schools.
- We maintain two open spaces in Freeport, free of charge.
- We offer information and entertaining programming throughout the year.
Memberships support our mission of presenting programs, caring for collections and mounting exhibits, and also help us maintain two National Historic Register properties.
- Invitations to all Society events and exhibits, some at discounted rates
- 10% discount on all books, maps and other purchases
- The Dash, our quarterly newsletter
- Invitations to member-only events including exhibit opening receptions
- An updated Pettengill Farm trails map
- A copy of the book Tides of Change: A Guide to the Harraseeket Historic District, and a copy of A Window Through Time (photo essay about Pettengill Farm)
Above the $35.00 base Individual membership, dues and contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided.